Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The big apple sculpture in Vilnius

I was walking in the center of Vilnius when I saw this apple. I was looking what is the story behind that beautiful sculpture and I found this:

"In the center of Vilnius there is a square where a beautiful sculpture of apple is standing. The sculpture depicts half of an apple with golden shining heart inside.
Not many people know that this apple sculpture is dedicated to kindness, generosity and help. The apple is engraved with over 80 family names of notable Lithuanians who were and are engaged in charity and social work. The names include historical Lithuanian personalities dating back to XVI century as well as benefactors of now days."
Source: Spotted by locals

2 comments:

scattergirll said...

Cute post! Would you like to follow eachother? happy new year xx

http://scattergirll.blogspot.com

Stef said...

Hi, yes. I like your blog

Popular Posts Last 7 Days

Buy food pictures

Buy travel images